Who is AP4CA?
Australian Parents for Climate Action is a volunteer-run group of parents from around Australia who are advocating for a safe climate for our children’s future. We are motivated by love - for our children and families, for the natural world and all species in it.
As parents, we are deeply concerned about our children’s future – current global emissions levels are driving bushfires, heat stress, droughts, storms, floods and sea level rise that threaten our children’s safety, survival and quality of life. This is an emergency and we are fighting for our children’s future!
We want the Australian government and big business to take urgent action to cut Australia’s carbon emissions to net zero as fast as possible.
We believe Australia should take a climate leadership role on the world stage, leading by example and calling for other nations to take emergency action.
Our key demands of government and business are:
- Commit to net zero emissions and 100% renewable energy by 2030.
- Allow no new fossil fuel projects, including stopping the Adani coal mine.
- Prioritise a smooth and fair transition for all workers and communities impacted by the climate crisis, including fossil fuel industry communities and indigenous communities.
- Commence a program to rapidly drawdown carbon emissions using natural climate solutions including tree planting, regenerative agriculture, kelp forest regeneration and ‘blue carbon’.
- Declare a national climate emergency (you can sign our climate emergency declaration statement here)
Despite claims by the current government that Australia is insignificant in global climate emissions,
"Australia is a significant player worldwide. We are the 16th largest emitter of CO2 out of more than 200 countries, and our per capita emissions are in the top 10 globally. When our exported fossil fuels are included – we would rank 5th in the world in terms of greenhouse gas emissions. This means we bear significant international responsibility in the global effort needed to mitigate the escalating climate driven risks." (Climate Council)
As a wealthy, stable country Australia is in a powerful position to lead and influence other nations. We can share the solutions and technology, cease our fossil fuel exports to other countries, and use diplomacy and trade to influence other countries to cut their emissions.
To solve this crisis, all countries must act - including Australia!
AP4CA organises legal, non-arrestable events and most of our events are family friendly.