National Action Week 2-8 May
We are 'Calling All Parents' to a ‘National Week Of Action’ 2-8 May. We want to demonstrate our support, strength and optimism for demanding strong action on climate leading into the federal election within our communities and with your local candidates.
With each action or event, let's raise the importance of climate action within our community and through local media. And importantly let's build strong relationships and positively engage our local candidates from all parties directly to participate and ask them to respond or pledge to support our Solar Our Schools policy.
Easy, fun and impactful events are actions like organising a climate walk, climate picnic, playgroup, play-in, door-knocking to hand-out 'Climate Action Now' signs or even a climate coffee. The key is to be visible, create an opportunity for climate conversations with your network, community and especially local candidates.
ONLY 6 STEPS TO PARTICIPATE - keep scrolling for templates
- Decide on type of event: Location, Date/Time
- Create some promotional materials
- Create a Facebook Event page according to this guide - HERE
- Register your event with us
- Send a media release with our easy template
- Invite your local candidates, your community and/ or friends
PARENTS ARE POWERFUL, LET'S SHOW IT!
RESOURCES/ TEMPLATES FOR YOUR EVENT
Event poster template - CLICK HERE
- Blank section on each poster to include event location, time and contact person.
- Social media tiles - CLICK HERE and download to use.
Template local media release - ACCESS HERE
- More media tips can be found HERE
- Local media training CANA webinar - ACCESS HERE