Candidates Pledge Resources
Candidates, thank you for pledging to support solar and batteries in all schools and early childhood centres in your electorate and nationally, if elected.
In the lead-up to the federal election, we are asking all candidates to pledge their support for the rollout of solar and batteries for schools and early childhood centres in their electorate; and that if elected they will also support the rollout of solar and batteries in schools and early childhood centres across Australia.
Solar Our Schools will:
- Create 7000 renewable energy jobs around Australia,
- Savings from energy bills would enable another 4000 more teaching jobs, directly addressing the national teacher shortage.
- Save 1.4 million tonnes of carbon emissions from going into the atmosphere each year.
DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FOR CANDIDATES:
1. ONE PAGE SUMMARY OF SOLAR OUR SCHOOLS FOR CANDIDATE
2. A3 PLEDGE CERTIFICATE FOR CANDIDATES (PRINT QUALITY)
4. SOCIAL MEDIA TILE - INSTAGRAM
5. SOCIAL MEDIA TILE - TWITTER
6. SOCIAL CONTENT FOR CANDIDATES
7. MEDIA RELEASE FOR CANDIDATES
More than 12,000 parents around Australia have put their support behind Solar Our Schools because they want to see practical, shovel-ready climate solutions embraced by our federal and state and territory governments working in cooperation.
Federal candidates are encouraged by local residents to sign onto the Solar Our Schools pledge.
In return, Australian Parents for Climate Action (AP4CA) provides:
- An A3 pledge certificate for candidates
- Where possible a photo opportunity with parents in their electorate
- Social media collateral for candidates to show they have signed onto the pledge
- Promote the candidate’s pledge via a media release to local media
- Promotion of the candidate's pledge campaign results in national media releases
- Promotion of the candidate’s pledge via direct email to 15,000 supporters around Australia
- Promotion of the candidate’s pledge via our social media channels
We do not endorse the party or candidate, instead, we celebrate their support for the Solar Our Schools policy.
AP4CA is non-partisan, so we will also encourage other candidates in the electorate to support Solar Our Schools. We aim to make climate action a non-partisan issue and want to create a race to the top in embracing shovel-ready climate solutions.
For more information please contact Communications and Campaign Director Heidi Lee Douglas, [email protected]4ca.org 0401 092 570