Here in Cairns, we're on a mission to empower parents, grandparents, carers, families and everyone who cares about kids, to advocate for urgent action on climate. We have a unique mix of tropical rainforest and reef that is as vulnerable as it is special. Get involved!
The Cairns Parent Group is action-oriented and locally connected. We are part of a larger group with thousands of members which is active all over the country. We plan family-friendly, non-partisan activities that engage communities, engage politicians in climate solutions, and amplify positive stories.
You can be as involved as you like. Join to stay informed or get more active and join our market stalls or even help lobby local MPs.
Why join our local Cairns region group of parents who care about a safe climate?
- Connect with families in your local community
- Empower and educate your community with positive solutions
- Win local and national campaigns
- Develop constructive relationships with key decision makers
- Amplify positive stories through local and social media
- Build and strengthen a strong climate movement across the country
How you can help protect the future of our region?
In the lead up to the election, your voice is powerful! Politicians need your support right now. If we all speak up and make ourselves heard, we can shift the politics toward positive solutions that help secure a safe climate for all children.
Take one or more of these actions:
- Quickly send a letter to your local federal candidates, asking them to take stronger action on climate.
- Order a climate action now sign and put it in your front yard or business.
- Come to one of our local group events - register for an event below. Or contact us about an event you think would be impactful to organise.
- Sign up to our local group to stay updated and get active with us. #activehope
One of our parent organisers are more than happy to talk to you about how you would like to be involved - just email [email protected] and we can organise a chat.